Updated October 2021:
- COVID-19 section.
- Treatment Recommendations, Adult, Urinary Tract, Asymptomatic Bacteriuria and Cystitis in Pregnancy – removed fosfomycin as it crosses the placenta and risk-benefit must be considered, and single dose regimens are no longer recommended in pregnancy for cystitis.
Dental: please note greatly diminished role, or exclusion, of clindamycin; and addition of cefuroxime axetil as the preferred option in truly penicillin-allergic patients
- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in Dentistry
- Recommended Empiric Therapy of Selected Dental Infections
Updated June 2021:
- Adult Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI) – oral vancomycin prophylaxis for high risk patients with recurrent CDI.
- Prophylaxis for infective endocarditis.
Updated May 2021:
- Cefaclor (discontinued in Canada) added to β-lactam cross-reactivity chart for patients who report an allergy in the past.
- Changed duration of therapy for mild to moderate community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) to 3 days provided clinical stability criteria are met.
- Changed duration of therapy for hand and wrist septic arthritis with surgical drainage to 2 weeks.
- Adult central nervous system empiric therapy recommendations.
- Adult meningitis culture-directed therapy recommendations.
- Addition of culture-directed medical device-associated meningitis/ventriculitis section.
Updated March 2021:
- Update of pediatric and adult Genital empiric therapy sections.
Updated January 2021:
- Neonatal/pediatric central nervous system empiric therapy recommendations.
- Spectrum of activity of doxycycline, macrolides, and quinolones for Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma spp.
Updated November 2020:
- Deletion of piperacillin as no longer available in Canada.
- Addition of maximum of 3000mg for vancomycin loading dose in adults.
- Addition of comprehensive B-lactam cross-reactivity chart and other revisions to cross-reactivity section.
Updated October 2020:
- COVID-19 section.
- Addition of amoxicillin–clavulanate IV and fosfomycin IV to Antibiotic sections.
Updated September 2020:
- Vancomycin dosing and monitoring guidelines.
- Empiric therapy of SSTI in adult patients, particularly B-lactam allergy regimens to decrease use of clindamycin and fluoroquinolones wherever possible.
- Empiric therapy of CAP/NHAP/influenza in adult patients.
- Culture-directed therapy of Pneumonia in adult patients.